Monday, August 18, 2008

Summer days...

I cannot believe how FAST this summer has gone for us! As a photographer, this is my craziest time of year. I try not to schedule any work during the fall, winter, and early spring so that I can spend time with the kids, their activities, and academics (as well as all my crafty stuff!!), so the warm summer days (aka wedding season) is my working season. I always need to preschedule little breaks throughout the summer so that I know we'll get some great family time in. Our last hoorah of the summer was a week long stay camping at the beach.

It was so much fun! We had a spectacular time playing in the waves, feeling the warm sun on our face, and sand in our toes. We ate plenty of ice cream, lots of s'mores, and sat under the night sky around the fire and took turns naming the stars. The kids picked out such hilarious names for the stars...just a few that I can recall...Apple, Brad, Twinkie, and many many more. The weather is still warm and summery, with a few beach days left, and I hope to streeeeeeetch them as long as I can, and linger in the days left until September.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

11 comments:

Zoƫ said...

Glad you had a nice break. You kids are so cute, I love the all the curls!

Anonymous said...

Beach camping is fun, despite the whole sandy tent thing!

Great shots of your lovelies!

Anonymous said...

yeah, the sand in the tent bit was annoying to say the least, lol, but a small price to pay!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos and ADORABLE kids! Where did you go on your beach vacation?

Anonymous said...

What bright and beautiful photos. Looks like you have been having fun

Anonymous said...

Miss Thang looks like she's channeling Tina Turner. :D

Anonymous said...

well, we live in a little beachy town on lake michigan, so we drove to a campground about 30 minutes away, not too far, lol, but to the kids we may as well have been in Florida!

Anonymous said...

Fun times! What a wonderful day to have. Could the smiles be bigger?

Anonymous said...

Your kids have the most beautiful hair. I love all of those curls!

I miss the shores of Lake Michigan. My friends and I would camp there when we were younger. It was about an hour and a half drive from my hometown. I think it feels just as beautiful as the ocean, without all that saltwater to get in your mouth!

These are all great beach shots.

~ Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I agree, Lake Michigan is as good as the ocean to us. If we move in anytime in the future, I will HAVE to be somewhere near water, it's such a part of me. I grew up on the beach, at marinas, sailing, swimming, and digging in the sand!

Anonymous said...

love your photos! ;)