Tuesday, February 12, 2008

a fat free craving...

I am beyond obsessed with cupcakes, but as a rule, it's not such a good idea to consume them on a daily basis as I've been doing. Maybe even more than one a day. :O When one of my friends mentioned she wished she could crochet because she saw a darling crocheted cupcake wristlet, well, I jumped at the opportunity to create one for her. I could indulge in the frostingy bliss without the guilt!! It's actually for her daughter's birthday. My own little princess was enthralled by my project from the first second she saw me bust the fluffy pink alpaca and confetti yarn out of the bag. I promised her a second one would be for her (after some legwarmers she's been begging for), but she was all too happy to model this first one for a snapshot. Ignore the Don King hair, she opted to forgo the styling today! It's a great free pattern found at crochetville and written by Cynthia Gurisko. Love it! I chose it over others because of the great ribbing in the "cup" created by front and back post stitches.

Photobucket

Photobucket
what's a little crocheting without a glass of wine?

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

StrawberryCreek said...

holy w0w! I had no idea the scale of that cupcake until I saw it on your girl! that is hilarious!!! fluffy frosting indeed!!

Anonymous said...

ooooh this is fabulous, how cute :o)